Enjoy exploring Martinsville-Henry County with pedal power!
Numerous trails are offered along the Smith River Trail System for cyclists to enjoy, ranging from the paved Dick & Willie Passage Rail Trail to the natural surfaced Fieldale Trail.
Named the #1 Mountain Bike Trail in Virginia by SingleTracks.com, mountain bikers can challenge themselves at the 100-acre Mountain Laurel Trails complex, offering nearly ten miles of trail for all skill levels.
Need a lift to the D&W?
The PART Bus is equipped with bumper mounted bike racks. For just a 50 cent fare, the bus will get you and your bike safely from the Quality-Dutch Inn or Knights Inn to the Dick & Willie Passage.
Road Cyclist Routes:
Rides are subject to change without notice based on weather conditions. Visit our calendar for full details and guide contact information.
- Ride 'n Dine - A Friday ride for foodies, this route ends at a lunch location each week.
- Fieldale Trail Rides - Offered Wednesday evenings
- Mountain Bike Ride at Mountain Laurel Trails - Offered Sunday afternoons
- Sunday Road Rides - Offered Sunday afternoons; various locations
See the VisitMartinsville events calendar for full details.
- Get Outside: Walk, Run, Ride (held New Year's Day)
- Pig Bike Ride at the Spencer-Penn Pig Cookin' Contest (held each April)
- Tour de Scholar Charity Bike Ride (held each August)