Small Business Stand Out, Mountain Valley Brewing, Named Quarterfinalist for $50K Indie Award
Tuesday November 21, 2017
The national small business movement, Independent We Stand, announced the quarterfinalists, including Mountain Valley Brewing of Henry County, of the seventh annual Independent We Stand Independent Small Business of the Year “Indie Award.” This announcement precedes Small Business Saturday on Nov. 25, encouraging holiday shoppers to support these businesses versus big boxes and national chains.
Mountain Valley Brewing, which is family-owned and operated, is the first and only brewery in Henry County. In an effort to stay local, it uses fresh hops from its on-site hop farm and turns to local farmers for raw ingredients like honey, fruit, grain and barley. Since opening in May 2017, Mountain Valley has focused its efforts on bringing the community together with music, philanthropy and weekly events.
“This community is unlike any other,” said Peggy Donivan, owner of Mountain Valley Brewing. “We are truly grateful for the constant support of our incredible customers and community.”
“This year’s quarterfinalists represent the independent businesses from across the country who go above and beyond to support their local economies,” said Bill Brunelle, co-founder of Independent We Stand. “This award is our way of honoring the contributions they’ve made to their communities.”
Voting is now underway at www.IndieBizAward.com through Dec. 10. Voters may visit the website to cast one vote each day.
The 2017 Indie winner will receive prizes with a combined value of more than $50,000, including:
• $5,000 grand prize
• $1,000 for the winner’s favorite small business group
• $1,000 STIHL equipment certificate (STIHL products are sold exclusively through more than 9,000 local, independent servicing dealers in communities nationwide)
• 12-month subscription and three months of free managed marketing services from SnapRetail (valued at $1,696)
• Branding, advertising and public relations makeover from independent advertising agency — The Meridian Group
• Three days/two nights retreat and branding workshop in Virginia Beach, Va. (valued at $1,000)
• Plaque to display at winner’s business
• Public relations and social media recognition
• All quarterfinalists will receive a lifelong Premium Membership from Independent We Stand
American’s cast nearly 20,000 votes for 249 nominees during the nominations phase.
Independent We Stand announces the winner of the Indie Award on Dec. 13.
For more information on Mountain Valley Brewing, visit: www.MountainValleyBrewing.com.
For more information on the “Indie” or to vote, visit www.IndieBizAward.com.
About Mountain Valley Brewing
Mountain Valley Brewing, a local, family-owned brewery in Axton, Virginia, opened in May 2017. Its mission is to provide unique, delicious beer, made with fresh locally grown ingredients, that can’t be found anywhere else. For more information, visit www.MountainValleyBrewing.com.
About Independent We Stand
Independent We Stand is a nationwide movement of independent small business owners whose mission is to inspire other small business owners to better understand and celebrate their locally-owned status while educating consumers about the importance and strong economic benefits of supporting them. The Independent We Stand movement is sponsored by STIHL Inc. Associate sponsors include PPG Pittsburgh Paints and Do it Best Corp. www.IndependentWeStand.org.
Craft Beer ,
Mountain Valley Brewing ,
Smith River Artisan Trail