Piedmont Arts “Revs Up” for Savory September: Start Your Engines
Tuesday September 4, 2018
“Gentlemen, start your engines!” Piedmont Arts’ annual fundraiser, Savory September, will race into the museum on Friday, September 21, 2018 from 7 – 10 pm.
Themed “Start Your Engines,” this year’s event celebrates all things NASCAR chic; from dressed up dishes inspired by famous race tracks to dressed down attire with a racing slant.
“It’s no secret that NASCAR is hugely popular in our community,” said Executive Director Heidi Pinkston. “Piedmont Arts is celebrating this popular pastime and all that racing and Martinsville Speedway bring to our community through food and fun.”
The local chefs whipping up race-themed appetizers at this year’s event, include:
• Hasan Davis – Beef Brisket Sliders, BBQ Chicken Bites
• Pam Allen, Sarah Robertson and Yvonne Givens – Fried Bologna Burgers
• Lucy Coleman and Donna McGarry – TBA
• Susan Critz and Elizabeth DeVault – Deviled Egg Variety and Mini Bloody Marys
• Jimmy Warren – TBA
• Roscoe Reynolds, Linda Reynolds and Marty Gardner – Martinsville’s Famous Hot Dog
• Sharon Kirby, Leanna Blevins and Tiffani Underwood – Buffalo Chicken Dip and Doritos
• Meritha Rucker – Banana Pudding, Strawberry Shortcake, Key Lime Pie, Oreo Brownie Trifle
• Tammy and Will Pearson – Fresh Squeezed Cocktail and a “Racy” Appetizer
• Tom Fitzgibbons and Jeremiah Brown – Pimento Cheese Grit Cakes Topped with Bacon Jam, Loaded Mac and Cheese Bites
• Betty Lou and Ron Pigg – Moon Pies
In addition to the party, guests can win major prizes in the museum’s biggest raffle to date.
Raffle prizes include: (1) Free 18” x 24” portrait by Ed Gowen; (3) Tickets to Hamilton at Durham Performing Arts Center on December 2, 2018; (2) Club 47 tickets to ValleyStar Credit Union 300 at Martinsville Speedway; (4) General admission tickets to ValleyStar Credit Union 300 at Martinsville Speedway; and (1) Race Experience from Martinsville Speedway. Raffle tickets are $10 each or 6 for $50. Raffle tickets are available at Piedmont Arts leading up to and during the event.
Tickets to Savory September: Start Your Engines are $35 each. Tickets are on sale now at Piedmont Arts and online at PiedmontArts.org.
Savory September: Start Your Engines would not be possible without the generous support of Martinsville Speedway, Burton & Company, WHEE, Checkered Flag Sports and Blue Ridge Beverage.