Savory September: Start Your Engines is This Friday
Wednesday September 19, 2018
Piedmont Arts’ annual fundraiser, Savory September, will race into the museum on Friday, September 21, 2018.
Themed “Start Your Engines,” this year’s event celebrates all things NASCAR chic – from dressed up dishes inspired by famous race tracks to dressed down attire with a racing slant.
Enjoy appetizers by 24 local chefs and live music by Three Brothers, featuring Kevin Lewis, Tom Klingelhofer and David Oakes.
Savory September Chefs:
- Hasan Davis and Joe Hylton – Beef Brisket Sliders, BBQ Chicken Bites
- Pam Allen, Sarah Robertson, Yvonne Givens – Fried Bologna Burgers
- Lucy Coleman and Donna McGarry – Bootleg Bread Pudding, Winner's Circle Punch and Roasted Veggies
- Susan Critz and Elizabeth DeVault – Deviled Egg Variety, Mini Bloody Marys
- Jimmy Warren – Popcorn Bar, Checkered Flag Sheet Cake
- Roscoe Reynolds, Linda Reynolds and Marty Gardner – Martinsville's Famous Hot Dog
- Sharon Kirby, Leanna Blevins and Tiffani Underwood – Buffalo Chicken Dip and Doritos
- Meritha Rucker – Banana Pudding, Strawberry Shortcake, Key Lime Pie, Oreo Brownie Trifle
- Tom Fitzgibbons and Jeremiah Brown – Pimento Cheese Grit Cakes with Bacon Jam, Loaded Mac and Cheese Bites
- Tammy Pearson, Will Pearson, Laurence Vanderwoods – Fresh Squeezed Cocktail, "Racy" Appetizer
- Betty Lou Pigg and Randy Mattox – Moon Pies
Suggested attire: NASCAR Chic
$35 General Admission • Cash Bar
Raffle prizes include:
(1) Free 18” x 24” portrait by Ed Gowen
(3) Tickets to Hamilton at Durham Performing Arts Center on December 2, 2018
(2) Club 47 tickets to ValleyStar Credit Union 300 at Martinsville Speedway
(4) General admission tickets to ValleyStar Credit Union 300 at Martinsville Speedway
(1) Race Experience from Martinsville Speedway
Raffle Tickets available at Piedmont Arts leading up to and during the event.
$10 each • 6 for $50