Summer Send Off
Summer may be coming to an end, but you can still make the most of it in Martinsville-Henry County. The abundant outdoor recreational opportunities available in our community ensure that you and your family can spend this Labor Day weekend doing something that you love!
- Hit the water at Philpott Lake and enjoy boating, canoeing, kayaking, swimming or whatever it is that makes the water your favorite pastime.
- Enjoy tubing with Smith River Outfitters, a very relaxing and fun way to enjoy a summer day.
- Rent a canoe and enjoy a gentle paddle on the Beaver Creek Reservoir. Enjoy fishing, picnicking, nature watching and more.
- For any family, playgrounds are not only a hit, they are a must! When's the last time that you took the family out to one of Martinsville-Henry County's parks? For a full list, click here.
- J. Frank Wilson Park offers a Skate Park as well as Disc Golf.
- Activate's Bike Barn will be open daily for your enjoyment. The fall-like temperatures make this a great time of year to enjoy a ride.
- Stonehaus Farms and Infinity Acres Petting Ranch offer children and adults the opportunity to connect with nature and make friends along the way!
- When you need a break from the outdoors, visit one of the area's eight museums. Your family can explore dinosaurs, art, animals, Native American heritage, technology and more.