The Martinsville – Henry County Visitor Center (VisitMartinsville) first priority is the safety and health of its visitors, residents, industry partners, and team. While the risk of contracting COVID- 19 is low, we are carefully following the guidelines of the US Department of State and the Centers for Disease Control and Preventions (CDC) and our local health department authorities.
The VisitMartinsville Team highly recommends travelers follow protocols directed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Wash hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Cough into your elbow and sneeze into a tissue and throw the tissue in the trash
- Consult with a doctor before traveling when sick
- Stay up-to-date on vaccinations
- Avoid contact with people who are already sick
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Be aware of the latest travel advisories from the CDC and U.S. State Department
Tourism Business Modifications in Martinsville - Henry County
- The Martinsville - Henry County Visitor Center has reopened to the public with limited hours. Sunday and Monday: Closed. Tuesday - Friday: 9am - 3pm. Saturday: 9am - 1pm. *Hours are subject to change.
- Forest Park Country Club - 18 and under can golf for just $5.00 while schools are closed.
- The Bassett Historical Center has reopened by appointment only.
- Virginia Museum of Natural History - the museum will be open to the public Fridays and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays from 1 to 5 p.m.
- New College Institute's Lecture Hall is closed until further notice.
- Piedmont Arts has reopened.
- Martinsville-Henry County Heritage Center and Museum has reopened with normal hours of Tuesday - Friday 1pm - 4pm.
- The Village Spa has reopened with limited Spa Services: some Nails and Facials only (Offering nail services on Tuesday and Thursday). All Spa club and EZ-Tan customers will be reactivated as they return.
- The Smith River Sports Complex has closed access to the playground and fields. Trails, driving range and canoe access are OPEN.
- The Bike Barn reopened.
- Fido's Finds has reopened at their new location.
- The Beach at Fairy Stone State Park has reopened.
- Hamlet Vineyards has reopened with a new Tasting Terrace.
- Mountain Valley Brewing has reopened. Check hours frequently as they are subject to change based on weather and supplies.
- Uptown Pinball has reopened. New hours are: Tues-Thurs. 2-9pm, Fri. & Sat. 2-10pm, Sun. 2-7pm.
- Smith River Outfitters isn't offering shuttle service at this time.
- The Windmill Off-Track-Betting & Sports Grill reopened July 22nd.
- Through February 1st, 2021 at Urban Tails Pet Resort, walk-ins will not be available, but that boarding is still available. For more info call 434.218.0291 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ashley's Taste of Home will be open Monday - Saturday 11am-8pm.
- The Windmill Off Track Betting & Sports Grill will have new hours starting October 19th. Monday & Tuesday - Closed. Wednesday & Thursday 11am-11 pm. (Food served 1 pm - 9 pm) Friday & Saturday 11 am - 11 pm. Sunday 11 am - 10 pm.
- Dutch Inn Restaurant
- Blue Ridge Regional Library locations will remain CLOSED to the public, but will be staffed Monday thru Friday from 10 am to 6 pm to take calls, answer reference questions and place holds for curbside pickup. Reopened book drops for returns.
- Philpott Park is closed until further notice.