Celebrating 50 Years of Love in Martinsville-Henry County
Locality: Martinsville City
191 Fayette Street
Martinsville, VA 24112
"Virginia is For Lovers" was created 50 years ago, and it’s become one of the most beloved and iconic slogans in the world. While it’s meant a lot of different things to a lot of different people over the years, one thing remains the same: LOVE.
In 2019, we’re celebrating 50 Years of Love with the Virginia Tourism Corporation (VTC).
Join us in celebrating all there is to love in Martinsville - Henry County, VA! Stay tuned for more events as they are added!
- 50 Years of Love Art Camp at Spencer-Penn Centre - 6/13
- Tourism Takeover at Hamlet Vineyards - 6/30
- Tourism Takeover at Mountain Valley Brewing - 7/26
- Throwback Thursdays at Rives Theatre featuring box office hits from 1969
- 60's-Themed Social & Dance at Spencer-Penn Centre - 8/18
- Savory September: Virginia is for Lovers at Piedmont Arts - 9/27
Happenings & Such
- Dippers Ice Cream is offering a Tie Dye Love ice cream!
- LOVE Truffles available at Cocoa Trail Chocolates!
- Miles in Martinsville will offer 50 Years of Love giveaways.
- Register to win a one-of-a-kind ring from The Jewelers Edge.
- Bassett Historical Center will provide #TBT photos from Martinsville - Henry County from the year 1969!
- Take your picture at the new Martinsville - Henry County LOVEwork at Smith River Sports Complex!
Saturday, June 1, 2019