The Martinsville - Henry County Tourism Division, under the umbrella of the Martinsville - Henry County Economic Development Corporation (EDC), serves as an information broker, partnering with more than 300 tourism-related businesses to market our community.
We work with you to supplement your marketing effort and promote your business, venue or event to tourists, group tour leaders, event planners and filmmakers. A variety of opportunities (listed at left) designed to enhance and promote new and existing tourism businesses are offered throughout the year.
2018 Virginia Tourism Fast Facts:
- Tourism in Virginia generated $26 billion in domestic visitor spending - up 4.4% compared to 2017
- Tourism in Virginia directly supports 234,000 Jobs - up 1.% compared to 2017
- The Travel Industry is the 5th largest private employer in Virginia!
- Tourism in Virginia provides $1.8 billion in state and local taxes - up 2.9% compared to 2017
- Virginia ranks 8th in domestic traveler spending among the 50 states and Washington D.C.
Click to the see the related story...
2017 Martinsville-Henry County Fast Facts:
- Tourism in MHC generated $70.8 million in direct visitor spending - up 2.9% compared to 2016
- Domestic Travel-supported employees in MHC earned $15.2 million in worker income & paychecks - up 3.2% compared to 2016
- Tourism in MHC provides $4.6 million in combined state & local taxes
- Tourism in MHC directly supports 763 jobs!
We work with internal partners (businesses in the hospitality industry) and external customers (guests that chose to visit our community).
Free One-on-One Consultations for Tourism Businesses
Have you ever wondered if something more could be done to drive more traffic to your business? Do you need assistance in enhancing your curb appeal? Do you know if your website and print media are working effectively for you? Want to learn how to use social media, like Facebook and Twitter, to drive customers to your door? Interested in co-op and partnership opportunities to leverage your budget? If you answered yes to any of these questions, contact the VisitMartinsville team for a free consultation, 276.403.5949 or Tourism@YesMartinsville.com.
"The Martinsville & Henry County Tourism Division is such a valuable resource for our community and area businesses. Positive changes are blooming for our area and these changes are in part a direct result from the wonderful job this organization is providing for our attractions and businesses. Dippers is just one of many business that has benefited from the Martinsville & Henry County Tourism Division. Our success has been heightened by their help such as marketing tools, marketing advice, social media information, grants, referrals, and a broader exposure to our business. Their passion is seen every day from their love for our community and the willingness to always be available to help regardless how big or small the tasks. It is truly a blessing to have the staff from the Martinsville & Henry County Tourism Division on the Dippers Team!"
- Tracy Cox, Co-Owner, Dippers Ice Cream