Planning a tournament, race or other sporting event? Martinsville - Henry County,
Virginia is filled with a wide variety of sporting venues. Add to that convenient services and a responsive team to make it all happen, and you‘ve just found the perfect location for your next great sporting event.
Home to Martinsville Speedway, the Smith River Sports Complex and Philpott Lake along with arts, history and loads of outdoor recreation, your athletes and spectators are sure to have fun in record time both on and off the field.
We Can Make Your Next Sporting Event Great - Before You Even Hit The Field or Water!
- Hotel Bid Requests- We’ll do the groundwork for you to ensure that your teams are getting the best possible lodging rates.
- Welcome Packets- Give a warm welcome to coaches/captains and/or the whole team with welcome bags stuffed with area information, cool swag and money saving coupons.
- Banquet Preparation- Our knowledgeable staff can help you find the right venue, caterer, rentals and other service providers to make your kickoff event or awards banquet a success!
- Group Tour Itineraries & Step-On Guides- In between games, why not enjoy a guided tour of the area? You can take a VIP behind-the-scenes tour of top area attractions, visit some of our eight museums or enjoy a fun day outdoors along the rivers, trails and lakes.
- Marketing & PR Assistance- We’re here to supplement your marketing efforts. Allow us to get you in contact with local media, help plan PR events and promote your event on VisitMartinsville.com.
- Small Town Southern Hospitality- It’s easy to get lost in the shuffle in large cities. Allow our responsive team to show you the Martinsville - Henry County difference!
A Convenient Location for Your Participants:
Located at the intersection of US Highways 220 and 58 in Southern Virginia, Martinsville - Henry County is within one day’s drive of 60% of the US population. We’re less than an hour from major airports in Roanoke, VA and Greensboro, NC and within 40 minutes of AMTRAK service in Danville, VA.
Highlights from the Smith River Sports Complex:
“This facility is fantastic. You can’t complain about bad bounces out here. Facilities like this didn’t exist when we were growing up." - Mia Hamm, Olympian
“This is tremendous. As a youth player, we played on mostly dirt fields...So to have a facility like this is awesome..these kids are lucky. The community is awesome, the people here are so nice." - Tisha Venturini-Hoch, Olympian
"I will say in terms of the amenities, the staff and the field quality that the Smith River Sports Complex is the best field site I've used for an event." Michelle Ng, Ultimate Tournament Director and co-found of Without Limits.