Centrally located on the East Coast, Martinsville - Henry County is positioned on the southern border of Virginia, and covers 385 square miles. This thriving community is conveniently positioned within a day's drive to 60% of the U.S. population, and is strategically located within 50 miles of the major metropolitan areas of Roanoke, Virginia and Greensboro, North Carolina.
Four-lane U.S. highways 220 and 58 intersect in Martinsville. U.S. 220 connects the Roanoke Valley and the Piedmont Triad. Highway 58 runs from the Atlantic Ocean at Virginia Beach to Tennessee, along Southern Virginia.
- The Piedmont Triad International Airport (GSO), located 40 minutes to the south in Greensboro, NC has over 100 daily departures, including service from US Air, United, Delta, Continental and American Airlines.
- Roanoke Regional Airport (ROA), located 50 minutes to the north, has approximately 50 daily departures, including jet service from USAir and United Express and regional service from Delta, American and Northwest Airlines. UPS operates a regional hub adjacent to the airport.
- Blue Ridge Regional Airport in Henry County is a 24-hour-a-day fixed base operation with a 5,000-foot lighted runway.
- Apex Transportation- 276.632.6118 or 276.732.7626
- Black Tie Services- 276.806.7728
- Charis Transportation, L.L.C.- 276.638.0499
- VW Taxi/Worldwide Taxi- 276.666.2227
- PART Bus- 800.964.5707, arrives on Church Street near the MHC Visitor Center twice every hour, beginning at 7:49 a.m. and ending at 4:49 p.m., Mon-Fri. Fare is $0.50 per trip, children under 6 FREE. Stops include: Martinsville City Municipal Building, Virginia Museum of Natural History, The Village of Martinsville, Quality-Dutch Inn, Knights Inn, Wal-Mart, Food Lion/Dick & Willie Passage Rail Trail and Memorial Hospital.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car- 276.638.1121
- Mobility Management- 276.632.6442