Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and within a day's drive of 60% of the US population, Martinsville - Henry County is the perfect centrally located site with plenty of amenities to offer your Guests! We are the perfect destination for conferences, staff/board retreats, weddings/showers, reunions, workshops/training events, parties and group tours!
Follow these steps to ensure a safe and successful event!
- Will food be served at your event? If yes, complete Event Coordinator Application and return it to the Henry/Martinsville Health Department, located at 295 Commonwealth Boulevard in Martinsville, a minimum of 10 days prior to your event. Each vendor will also be required to submit a Temporary Food Vendor Application.
- Will your event take place on City of Martinsville property? This includes streets, sidewalks, and public parking lots. If yes, complete the Special Event Request Form and return it to the City of Martinsville a minimum of two weeks prior to your event. Please also follow the city's event checklist.
- Is your event open to the public? If you'd like for our staff to help promote your event on VisitMartinsville.com and also on the state tourism site Virginia.org, please submit event details to Heather Hoffman (HHoffman@YesMartinsville.com) a minimum of two weeks prior to your event.
Fun Event Ideas
- Take advantage of the multi-use space at Spencer-Penn Centre and plan numerous reunion activities at one site.
- Enjoy an outdoor reunion at Fisher Farm Park with baseball fields, a playground, and Fisher Farm Dam.