Smith River Trail System
It's Easy To "Take A Hike" in Martinsville - Henry County, Virginia! The Smith River Trail System is a local network of trails that is part of the larger Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation's Beaches to Bluegrass Trail spanning from the Eastern shore of Virginia to Kentucky. It offers opportunities for hiking, bicycling and geocaching.
Our longest public trail, to date, is the Dick & Willie Passage Rail Trail which connects neighborhoods to opportunities for shopping, dining and entertainment along a 4.5 mile long paved path. Visit our Trail Helper page to see points of interest near the D&W.
1. Jamison Mills Trails (6 miles)
2. Philpott Lake Fitness Interpretive Trail (1.5 miles)
3. Lauren Mountain Preserve (1.5 miles)
4. Collinsville Jaycee Park (1.25 mile)
5. Jack Dalton Park (0.6 mile)
6. Rock Ridge Trails (1.2 miles)
7. Patrick Henry Community College (PHCC) Trail Loop (0.75 mile)
9. 10. 12. 14. Dick & Willie Passage Rail Trail (4.5 miles - four access points)
13. J. Frank Wilson Park Trails (1 mile)
15. 16. Dick & Willie Passage Rail Trail (2.4 miles)
17. Doe Run Park (1.5 miles)
18. Spencer-Penn Centre Trail (0.5 mile)
19. Monogram Foods Smith River Sports Complex Trail (1.3 miles)
20. Paw Path at Monogram Foods Smith River Sports Complex (0.5 mile)
21. Richard P. Gravely Jr. Nature Preserve Trail (2.5 miles)
22. Mountain Laurel Trails (12 miles)
Additional Hiking & Biking Option
(not shown on map):
- Dick & Willie Passage Extension (2.44 miles, Near #19)
Printable and Interactive Maps
- Dick & Willie Comprehensive Map
- Dick & Willie Passage
- Dick & Willie Passage Extension
- View the Interactive Map
Need A Bike?
No problem, borrow a bike from The Bike Barn
Have you hiked a trail lately?
Please take our Trail Feedback Survey