VisitMartinsville, under the umbrella of the Martinsville - Henry County Economic Development Corporation (EDC), serves as an information broker, partnering with more than 300 tourism-related businesses to market our community to residents and visitors alike.
We work with you to supplement your marketing effort and promote your business, venue, or event to tourists, group tour leaders, event planners, and filmmakers. A variety of opportunities designed to enhance and promote new and existing tourism businesses are offered throughout the year.
2019 Virginia Tourism Fast Facts
- Tourism in Virginia generated $27 billion in domestic visitor spending
- Tourism in Virginia directly supports 237,000 jobs
- The Travel Industry is the 6th largest private employer in Virginia
- Tourism in Virginia provides $1.8 billion in state and local taxes
- Virginia Tourism supported $6.4 billion in payroll
2019 Martinsville-Henry County Fast Facts
- Tourism in MHC generated $74.5 million in domestic visitor spending
- Domestic Travel-supported employees in MHC earned $16.3 million in worker income & paychecks
- Tourism in MHC provides $4.8 million in combined state & local taxes
- Tourism in MHC directly supports 768 jobs
We work with internal partners (businesses in the hospitality industry) and external customers (guests that chose to visit our community).