Things to Do
Dick & Willie Passage Rail Trail
, , , ,
The Dick and Willie Passage Rail Trail is a beautiful soon to be 11 mile paved rail trail that is located in Martinsville and Henry County. The trail begins at Virginia Avenue and will end at the Smith River Sports Complex. The trail can be accessed at one of six locations; Virginia Avenue, Liberty St., Doyle St., Fisher St., Spruce St. and the Smith River Sports Complex. This trail is great for walking, biking, running or rollerblading.
This trail is part of the former Danville and Western Railroad. Train enthusiasts will enjoy reading stories about the history of the rail line on the many signs located along the trail. Contact Henry County Parks and Recreation at 276.634.4640 for more information about the trail.
Addresses for trail access location:
- Virginia Avenue - 1094 Virginia Ave., Martinsville, VA
- Liberty Street - 699 Liberty St., Martinsville, VA
- Doyle Street - 220 Doyle St., Martinsville, VA
- Fisher Street - 815 Fisher St., Martinsville, VA
- Spruce Street - 1900 Spruce St., Martinsville, VA
- Smith River Sports Complex - 1000 Irisburg Road, Axton VA