August 8, 2015 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Run, paddle and bike your way to fun at Smith River Fest! Held annually in Martinsville - Henry County, Virginia, this event is truly a celebration of all things associated with the Smith River and our great outdoors. Ride the river, enter the Martinsville Speedway Blue Ridge Duck Race 5000, browse vendors and challenge yourself in the Helgramite Hustle 5K Mud Run.
The Smith River is 45 miles of scenic beauty flowing through our community from the base of Philpott Dam in Bassett, Virginia down to Eden, North Carolina where it meets the Dan River. Alongside the river and throughout Martinsville & Henry County are nearly 20 miles of shared-use trails that make up the Smith River Trail System. Paddlers will love the variety that the Smith River offers from calm floats to class I/II rapids.
The festival is located at the Smith River Sports Complex, 1000 Irisburg Road in Axton, just off the Hwy 58 Bypass. Admission and parking are free!
- 4.8 Mile River Race
- Helgramite Hustle 5K Mud Run
- Martinsville Speedway Presents Blue Ridge Duck Race 5000
- Outdoor Gear Vendors, Arts, Crafts & Gifts
- Free On-Site Bicycle Loans
- Fly Tying & Casting Demos
- Corn Hole, Bounce Houses & Games
- Canoe and Kayak Rentals On-Site
- "The Smith River Experience" Free Canoe Rides for Beginners
- Live Music & Demos
- Food Vendors & Beer Garden
Find Smith River Fest on Facebook!
Download a Vendor Packet