At the Martinsville-Henry County Visitor Center, there are many opportunities for student groups, clubs, and individuals to volunteer and become a MHC Tourism Ambassador.
Register to become a MHC Tourism Ambassador by filling out a registration form and bringing it to the MHC Visitor Center at 191 Fayette Street in Martinsville Uptown. You can also get started by contacting Heather Hoffman, Visitor Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 276-403-5948.
Here Are Just Some of the Opportunities Available:
- Share your love and knowledge of the community with visitors through leading or assisting with guided tours or interacting with visitors in the Visitor Center.
- Interact with visitors and locals by giving directions to area attractions and informing them of the many activities in Martinsville-Henry County.
- Become a photographer and take pictures of different events around the community.
- Blog or write creatively about upcoming events and interesting facts about Martinsville-Henry County.
- Assist with special events at the Visitor Center.
- Assist with our mobile Visitor Center at trade shows, festivals, and local events.
- Give a warm welcome to incoming visitors and groups by preparing welcome packets stuffed with area information and coupons.
This is a great opportunity for students or professionals to enhance their resume and gain experience working in their community! You also earn hours that can be applied to required volunteer hours or club service hours while having "fun in record time" helping visitors to our community.
Learn more about available volunteer opportunities.
Certified MHC Tourism Ambassadors
Ambassadors In Training Include:
Autumn Morris, Billy Russo, Melissa Shively, Jo Barton, Ellen Jessee, Joseph Jessee, Allyson Rothrock, Mary Hairston, Carolyn Rockwell, Bernadette Moore, Aleen Wilson, Jo Anne Philpott, and Baylon Riddle.